Saturday, October 9, 2010

Looiking Back at Yourself


 
Hot Tub Time Machine: cast looking at their young self in the mirror 


“We look at the present through a rear-view mirror.  We march backwards into the future.  Suburbia lives imaginatively in bonanza-land.”  i always thought that quote to be realistic in my point of view as, I believe that everyone would have an experience of the what if moment where we look back in our past that was good in our lives.  People would look back at what they did that would seem fun, and they would go through that experience by going to a place that would remind them of that moment by going skiing or other recreational activities that would remind them of the things done in the past.  People would have to wonder also of the things they have done in the past that what would happen if the choices they made in the past were different than the things they have done.
I always look back in the days where everything in my life were much more simpler.  As we go on in to the future I become more envious of what has happened in the past that I would try to recreate the experience.  In my own experience I had a special memory with my friends when we were young where we would go bike riding all the way around Westlake park every month, but as time passes by we grew apart and the months of bike riding ended as my friends that accompanied me bike riding either went and did something else or move out of town.  As I go on towards in my life I would always call up one or the other to catch up and have a bike ride back to the lake as a way to catch up and to see what my friends were doing.  Sometime I would think what would happen if I have done something differently, would I still have my friends going bike riding every month, would I have them as friends or would I have found different friends to hang out with, or would I just not have friends at all.  As people move on towards the future people tend to still live in the past by doing activities that would remind them of the past

No comments:

Post a Comment