Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Face to Face Communication on Facebook
The social network has become a pop culture revolution, this social media has made people more or less connected with each other since the people who use social network such as facebook or twitter. Usually people would communicate through social network rather than a conversation face to face. I believe that communication through social network makes us less social as some people would describe their lives in a blog or social journals. With social journals they have their lives posted online which communicate to the friends or readers about their day. I had an experience where my friend has a twitter, and when I called him to talk he would then ask me, “have you read my blog” or “go read my blog”. I have always hated it when he tells me to go read his blog because it makes me care less about his life if I’m not hearing it from him personally. I feel less connected to him if since I’m not hearing his voice. The other problem I have with social network is that knowing everything about my friends’ life without them telling me makes me feel like I’m spying on them or stalking them, so when I see them in person I would know everything that’s going on in their lives. I would always think that they would question me on how I know so much about them. Eventually though, I got used to the idea of people using social network such as facebook or twitter and even though I may not like the ideas of how social networking works, I would always suggest to some of my friends to humor me about what they did last weekend. I just have to get used to the fact that we are living in an age where people are comfortable sharing their lives to the millions of readers online.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment